Monday, February 2, 2009

the frutiful life - john 15:1-17

I never really tried hard in high school and as such I received one comment on my report cards more than any other. They frequently said "Costa is coasting..." What it showed was that I wasn't trying, I wasn't putting in any effort and as a result I was getting average scores, just coasting my way through high school. If only I could have my time over again...

In John 15 Jesus compels us to bear fruit as we follow him. To not coast but to put real effort in following him. So how do you live the fruitful Christian life? It's by doing the basics...
  1. remain in Jesus 15v5
  2. read 15v3, 7
  3. pray 15v7, 16
It sounds simple but it requires great effort - getting to Home Group, setting aside time to read your Bible and pray, not letting other things crowd these basics out. As we make these choices we will bear fruit for God desires to see this in our lives 15v7, 16.

So this year leave the coasting Christian life behind. It's time for your faith to bear fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment